12 Senators(half of the Senate) - 31st Upper House Election
- senators elected will serve up to June 30, 201
- Commission on Elections(Philippines)approved 33 candidates
292 Seats in the House of Representatives - 33rd Lower House Election
- The members elected will serve in the 16th Congress of Philippines from June 30, 2013 to June 30, 2016.
- A voter has two votes in the House of Representatives elections: one for party-list representatives, which shall comprise at most 20% of the seats, and another for district representatives, which shall comprise the rest of the seats.
- Each district sends one representative to the House of Representatives who comprise at most 80% of the seats(234 seats)The candidate with the highest number of votes wins that district's seat in the House of Representatives
- Party-list seats should comprise at most 20% of the seats(58 seats)
- With 292 seats, including seats reserved for sectoral representatives, 147 seats are needed for a majority, and only the Liberal Party is contesting more than 100 seats
Polls opened at 7:00 and there were over 52 million eligible voters to vote