Sansad Aadarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY)is a rural development programme broadly focusing upon the development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community
The programme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayanan on October 11,2014.
The distinct feature of this Yojana is that it is (a) demand driven (b) inspired by society (c) based on people's participation.
- The development of model villages, called Adarsh Grams, through the implementation of existing schemes, and certain new initiatives to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of local development which can be replicated in other villages.
No new funds are allocated to this Yojana and funds may be raised through :
- Funds from existing schemes, such as the Indira Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, and Backward Regions Grant Fund, etc.,
- The Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS),
- The gram panchayat’s own revenue,
- Central and State Finance Commission Grants, and
- Corporate Social Responsibility funds.