Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2016

2016 Miami Open Marh 21 to April 03,2016 - Rafael Nadal retires in Florida heat Saturday March 26,2016



Rafael Nadal retired from his second-round match at the Miami Open on Saturday March 26,2016 due to a bout of dizziness


"Everything was fine until the end of the first set," Nadal said. "Then I started to feel dizzy, not very good. It was getting worse and worse.
"I wanted to finish the match, but I seriously could not. It was tough, because I felt I was playing well. I stopped because I was concerned for my health."

Rafael Nadal twice called for a trainer, and had his blood pressure checked on the second occasion, but resumed play both times after a short break.

Sporadic boos broke out when 14-times grand slam champion Nadal decided he could not continue in the third set after feeling ill in typically humid conditions in south Florida.

Rafael Nadal trailed 94th-ranked Damir Dzumhur 2-6 6-4 3-0, with the Bosnian 30-15 up on serve, when he called it a day.

It was the first time Nadal had quit during a match since a quarter-final against Murray at the 2010 Australian Open

No comments:

Post a Comment