Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mormon Women Bare

Mormon Women Bare seeks to empower women to reclaim our bodies. Through photography and personal narratives, women are seen as beautiful, flawed, vulnerable and real. Women of different shapes, sizes, and ages demonstrate that bodies need not bring shame but can be owned, celebrated, and honored.

Salt Lake City photographer Katrina Barker Anderson, who is a lifelong member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, launched Mormon Women Bare in July 2013 and has so far had more than 30 Mormon women volunteer to be photographed

Salt Lake City photographer Katrina Barker Anderson launched Mormon Women Bare in July 2013 and has so far had more than 30 Mormon women volunteer to be photographed (pictured: Monica)  


Grace, pictured, said she volunteered because 'too often Mormon women wait for and rely on their husbands or the births of their children to validate the beauty, divinity and power of their womanhood'  
 
 'I hope that women see this and have more compassion for themselves and their bodies. I hope that men see this and realize that women should not be objectified, even if seen nude,' said Mrs Anderson 


© 2013 katrina b. anderson


 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 


4 comments:

  1. look very good email me ronaldstaples540@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not understanding this. The photos are beautiful. But I thought that Mormon women were to wear the "garment" and that their bodies were just for their husbands. Beautiful images, but I am confused how showing the body without clothes achieves your goal. I enjoy that you are trying to empower women and I'm just trying to open the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with Macy instantly. I wish I could've found someone like her when I was young. She's what beauty means. Wished she lived in Oklahoma. As an inactive Mormon, I never understood the reduced role of women. I'm a very sexual male in my 50s and never was much to look at, but I have always believed that your lady should be your partner in everything. Someone to laugh and cook with, not just to mount whenever you feel like it and be done. It's always best when she enjoys it more than you do. That's my feeling any way. These gals are fantastic, every last one. Hats off to 'em.

    ReplyDelete