Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 25, 2013

Jonathan Trott(England) has pulled out of the Ashes series Sunday Nov 24,2013

 
Jonathan Trott left the Ashes tour with a stress-related illness only hours after England’s 381-run loss in the first test on Sunday, a day after he was targeted for criticism by Australian batsman David Warner.
The 32-year-old Trott had batting failures in both innings, out for 10 and 9, and exposed as being vulnerable to short-pitched bowling by Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson.
England collapsed in both innings in Brisbane, dismissed for 136 and 179 in a comprehensive defeat.
Warner used a news conference on Saturday evening to say the way Trott handled the fiery bowling was “weak” and that the England batsmen had “scared eyes.” The British press was also critical in post-match reports.
The England Cricket Board on Monday issued a statement saying Trott would take a break from cricket “for the foreseeable future.”
“I don’t feel its right playing knowing well that I’m not 100 percent and I cannot currently operate at the level I have done in the past,” Trott said in a statement. “My priority now is to take a break from cricket so that I can focus on my recovery.”

No comments:

Post a Comment