Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Book on Sourav Ganguly recounts his career, controversies

 
A book recounting former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly's incident-filled cricket career has been unveiled.
Penned by a digital marketing expert with an IT company, Satptarshi Sarkar - a die-hard fan of the "Prince of Kolkata" - the book "Sourav Ganguly: Cricket, Captaincy and Controversy" analyses various facets of Ganguly's life as a cricketer and as captain of the Indian team. 

"It probes the symbiotic relationship between the man and the cricketer. I used to run a website called welovesourav.com where there would be interesting stories about 'Dada' (as Ganguly is affectionately called) and the people reading them would tell me to write a book, now I think I have enough material to compile one and so I did," said Sarkar, hailing from the city where the left-hand batsman grew up playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment