Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2017

Nepalese transgender model makes dream debut in India

Coming from the hinterland of Nepal, Anjali Lama never imagined that she would one day walk the ramp at one of India's most reputed fashion shows, where she made history as the first transgender model to take on the catwalk.



Anjali was shortlisted through the model auditions for the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2017, which began on Wednesday. She walked the ramp on the first day and is part of the model pool at this year's event.

The fashion event has been keeping Anjali busy till Sunday but earlier in an interview to PTI she said that post LFW, she wants to stay back in Mumbai, hire an agency and kick-start her career here.

"I have planned to settle in Mumbai. This city has given me hope and showered love in the most profuse way possible. I am planning to join an agency to work on dynamics even more professionally and strengthen my portfolio. I dream to win a renowned brand campaign feature while continuing to be walking the runway as this thrills me most," Anjali had said.

No comments:

Post a Comment