Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2017

2017 Maharashtra Civic Polls - Shiv Sena To Contest Civic Polls Alone Thursday Jan 26,2017

Putting an end to speculation over the possibility of an alliance with Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) for elections to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Mumbai and elsewhere in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday Jan 26,2017 said his party will contest the upcoming elections to municipal corporations and Zilla Parishads on its own.

Elections to MCGM and other municipal corporations in the state including Nashik, Pune, Kolhapur and Nagpur are to be held on February 21,2017

"I am ready to go solo, the Shiv Sainiks are ready to go solo. I want strong foot-soldiers with me who have the courage to launch a frontal attack and not back-stab. Once I have taken my decision, I do not want anybody to question it," Shiv Sena president Uddhav  Thackeray said while addressing a gathering of party workers.
"If you promise to stand by me, I have taken the decision to go solo in Maharashtra. I will not go to anybody's door with a begging bowl for an alliance and won't be at anybody's mercy. I have decided that there will be no alliance for any of the municipal corporation or Zilla Parishad polls," Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said

No comments:

Post a Comment