Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2013

BCCI Secretary and Treasurer Resign -Friday May 31,2013


BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke resigned from their posts.

Ajay Shirke, who had hinted on May 29,2013 Wednesday about stepping down on moral grounds after fingers were pointed at the credibility of the BCCI, said his decision has nothing to do with putting pressure on Srinivasan. "Absolutely not. I care about the reputation of the sport. This [IPL scandal] has really damaged BCCI's credibility,"

Sanjay Jagdale, who was also on the three-man probe panel appointed to investigate Meiyappan, India Cements and Rajasthan Royals, said, "I don't want to give a reason; I have sent my resignation to the BCCI president." 

"This is just my decision. This has nothing to do with anything else. I was feeling very hurt, very upset [with the off-field issues]. I want to see cricket as a game,"Sanay Jagdale said

With the pressure of resignation mounting on him each passing day, BCCI chief N Srinivasan has called for an an emergency meeting in Chennai at 11 am on June 02,2013 Sunday over the IPL betting row.

No comments:

Post a Comment