Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cong MP from Kannur K. Sudhakaran claims SC judge took bribe

1)The MP made the startling claim without revealing the SC judge's name  at a public meeting organised in a Kollam meet to show solidarity with former minister R. Balakrishna Pillai, who has been sentenced to one-year imprisonment by the Supreme Court in a graft case.
2) In his address, MP had said, "There were 21 bar licenses that were given when K. Karunakakan was chief minister. When the permission to grant those 21 bar licenses were revoked by the Kerala High Court, the case was moved at the Supreme Court and I was a witness when an SC judge received Rs 21 lakh as bribemoney in 1996 for a favourable judgement, at Kerala House."
3)"You may ask why I went there. I went as my case was also pending at that very bench. It was unbelievable. A lawyer told me you can pay money and gain favours from judges but I said I don't believe. So I was asked to go along to see for myself, the credibility of that bench where my case was pending," the MP claimed.
4)The accusation made by the MP who is also a lawyer, pertains to a Kerala HC verdict which cancelled bar licences of 21 owners.

5)The Kerala Police has registered a case against the MP  following his statement that he was witness to a Supreme Court judge being bribed several years ago(1996)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment