Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 10, 2017

2017 World's Best Restaurant - Eleven Madison Park in New York Named the best restaurant

New York eatery Eleven Madison Park was crowned the world’s best restaurant of 2017 at a glitzy ceremony in Melbourne on Wednesday April 05,2017, edging out last year’s winner, Italy’s Osteria Francescana.
Run by chef Daniel Humm, the Manhattan institution came out on top at the World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards, widely seen as the Oscars of the food world.
Spain’s El Celler De Can Roca was third.
“I don’t know how I feel right now but I’m overjoyed,” said an emotional Mr. Humm, who was praised for his fine dining menu inspired by the agricultural bounty of New York and its culinary traditions.
“I’m so proud to be up here. When I first started cooking 25 years ago, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I’d find myself in this position.
“It’s an unbelievable time to be a chef,” he added.
The top 10 was rounded out by restaurants in France, Peru, Spain, Thailand and Austria.
The awards this year were held outside of London or New York for the first time, with Australia fast earning a reputation as a serious food destination.
The move to Melbourne was part of an ongoing strategy to make the event more global, organisers said.

No comments:

Post a Comment