Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair Announces Return to British Politics to Fight Brexit


Former British prime minister Tony Blair said on Monday May 01,2017 he was plunging back into domestic politics in order to fight against Brexit.
Blair, who led the Labour Party from 1994 to 2007, will not be standing in the June 8 general election.
But he said he wanted to build a political movement to shape the policy debate as Britain starts its negotiations to leave the European Union.
Tony Blair, 63, who was prime minister for a decade from 1997 and whose legacy has been defined by the Iraq war, said he knew he would face intense criticism for doing so
But the ardent Europhile, who has largely been working on Middle East and African issues since leaving office, still wanted to get his "hands dirty" and re-enter the fray, saying voters should have the chance to change their mind once the final EU exit deal becomes clear.
"This Brexit thing has given me a direct motivation to get more involved in the politics," he told the Daily Mirror newspaper.
"You need to get your hands dirty and I will.
"I know the moment I stick my head out the door I'll get a bucket of wotsit poured all over me, but I really do feel passionate about this

No comments:

Post a Comment