Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2016

2016 WTA Finals in Singapore - Angelique Kerber, Dominika Cibulkova Reach SF's

Germany's Angelique Kerber continued her unbeaten run at the WTA Finals, steamrolling rising American Madison Keys 6-3 6-3 to charge into the semi-finals of the season-ending championship

Beaten in her first two matches, the 27-year-old Cibulkova needed to see off Halep in straight sets then rely on Kerber defeating Keys in straight sets to advance, but scraped through when everything she needed went to plan.

"This win is really, really big for me," Cibulkova said. "I feel relieved. I'm really happy about my win, about the way I played and the way I handled the situation and the pressure.

"It seems like I'm playing my best tennis under the biggest pressure. It's just a great feeling to beat Simona in two sets knowing that if I want to go further in the tournament I have to beat her in two sets. That made me even stronger in the second set."

Dominika Cibulkova will play Svetlana Kuznetsova in Saturday Oct 29,2016's SF's after the Russian finished top of the White Group

Germany's AngeliqueKerber will meet either the defending champion, Agnieszka Radwanska, or US Open finalist Karolina Pliskova.

No comments:

Post a Comment