Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Mother of family who won £61million lottery jackpot told her daughter to buy a ticket after she had tumour surgery



The mother in a family who won £61million on the EuroMillions lottery told her daughter to buy a ticket after 'cheating death' with surgery on a tumour.


Sonia Davies, 53, is one of five winners in the family syndicate, along with her partner Keith Reynolds, 55, daughters Stephanie, 23, and Courtney, 19, and Stephanie's boyfriend Steve Powell, 30. They will get £12.2million each. 


Stephanie purchased six Lucky Dip tickets on the evening of the draw after receiving a call from her mother, who was in Florida after undergoing keyhole surgery to remove a tumour on her parathyroid gland.


Ms Davies said today: 'I had the surgery a week ago today. Friday was the first day I felt, wow, I'm cured, I feel good, it doesn't hurt so much.

'I felt like I had cheated death and felt so so lucky. You just feel like, we're on a roll, let's buy a lottery ticket because we're so lucky.'

No comments:

Post a Comment