Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2016 Tamil Nadu Assembly Election Results - Mathivanan,an Auto driver in Coimbatore marks Amma's victory by charging Re 1/trip


They say fans come in all shapes and sizes, but its their fanaticism that truly defines their devotion. This 61-year-old auto driver's devotion to the AIADMK turned out to be a boon to commuters looking to travel by auto.

To celebrate the swearing-in ceremony of AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa, he offered to ferry passengers to their destination for a token fare of 1.

This was no small gesture, as he managed to service 102 passengers, all in a day's work, earning 102.

"I skipped breakfast and lunch. I took to the roads at 6am and finished work at 6pm. I am an ardent fan of Jayalalithaa and I am more than elated that she was sworn in as chief minister for the sixth time. I decided to celebrate by victory by servicing passengers for a token fare," said R M Mathivanan.

Mathivanan from Kaveri Nagar at SIHS Colony has been a party member since 1975. "I have been working as an auto driver for the past 41 years in Coimbatore city. I have been a member since the time of MGR. I am a great fan of our party chief Jayalalithaa. She has done so much good for the people of Tamil Nadu. It's no surprise that the people have voted for her again," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment