Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jimmy Fallon Makes Debut As Host of NBC's Tonight Show Monday Feb 17,2014


Jimmy Fallon made his official and highly anticipated debut as the star of The Tonight Show on Monday evening in New York City

"Welcome to the Tonight Show!" Fallon told the hyped-up audience. "This is the first Tonight Show broadcast from New York in over 40 years. I'm Jimmy Fallon and I'll be your host...for now," he quipped.

He continued: "Of course, I wouldn't be here tonight if it weren't for the previous Tonight Show hosts, so I want to say 'thank you' to Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson,Jay Leno,conan O'Brien   and Jay Leno."

Jimmy Fallon then took a moment to introduce himself, "for those watching for the first time."
"I'm 39 years old, I live in New York City with my beautiful wife Nancy and my six-month old daughter Winnie. I love her so much. She's the best thing that ever happened to me," he gushed.
He also expressed his appreciation for his parents, Jim and Gloria Fallon, who were on-hand to watch their son.

Jimmy Fallon(39)will compete against late-night shows hosted by David Letterman on CBS and Jimmy Kimmel on ABC

Viewing-figures firm Nielsen said 11.3 million people watched him take over the show on Monday evening.

Jimmy Viewing-figures firm Nielsen said 11.3 million people watched him take over the show on Monday evening.

Note

Jay Leno stepped down for a second time as host of the six-decades-old show on Feb 06,2014. He originally took over from Johnny Carson in 1992.


Jay Leno briefly retired in 2009, handing over to comedian Conan O'Brien.

But Jay Leno came back when O'Brien quit amid an attempt by channel executives to reschedule The Tonight Show to later in the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment