Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 6, 2017

2017 China Open Women's Singles QF's - Simona Halep beat Daria Kasatkina and enters SF's Friday Oct 06,2017

World No 2 Simona Halep reached the China Open semi-finals for the first time in her career after beating Russian Daria Kasatkina 6-2 6-1 on Friday.
Simona Halep, who lost to Kasatkina in the second round of last month`s Wuhan Open, was never at risk of suffering a second consecutive defeat by the 20-year-old, sending down 19 winners to wrap up the win in just over an hour.
"I think I played much better than Wuhan," the Romanian said after the match. "I changed tactics and worked pretty well. I just played my game and my style, and I was very consistent and solid as well."
The tournament in Beijing has already seen Halep register a first career victory over Russian Maria Sharapova, and the second seed now has an opportunity to level her head-to-head with Jelena Ostapenko, who beat her in this year`s French Open final.

No comments:

Post a Comment