Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Boxer Tyson Fury’s licence suspended by British Boxing Board of Control Wednesday Oct 12,2016

Tyson Fury’s boxing licence has been suspended pending further investigation into “anti-doping and medical issues”, the British Boxing Board of Control has confirmed.

Tyson Fury recently withdrew from a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko for the second time after being declared “medically unfit” and courted more controversy after it was reported he had tested positive for cocaine. The British Boxing Board of Control discussed removing his licence on Wednesday Oct 12,2016 and has now confirmed that it has been suspended.

TysonFury, who recently told Rolling Stone magazine that he had been taking cocaine to help with depression and he will now seek medical care, has already voluntarily vacated his WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles with immediate effect.

The 28-year-old said in a statement: “I won the titles in the ring and I believe that they should be lost in the ring but I’m unable to defend at this time and I have taken the hard and emotional decision to now officially vacate my treasured world titles and wish the next-in-line contenders all the very best as I now enter another big challenge in my life which I know, like against Klitschko, I will conquer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment