Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2016

Bollywood Actor Manoj Kumar conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2015 Friday March 04,2016

 
Bollywood Actor Manoj Kumar conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2015 on Friday March 04,2016

The award consists of a Swarn Kamal (Golden Lotus), a cash prize of Rs.10 lakh and a shawl
 
Manoj Kumar stated, ''It’s a pleasant surprise. I was sleeping, and I started getting calls from my friends. I thought they were kidding, but when I read the news myself, I realised that it's for real,''.

.
The 78-year-old actor further added, ''It is certainly one of the most prestigious awards we have. I am extremely satisfied with whatever I have achieved in my life, and my family is extremely happy with this news,''

Manoj Kumar began his career in 1957 and became a cult with his vision, direction and acting prowess. He is remembered for his films "Hariyali Aur Raasta", "Woh Kaun Thi", "Himalaya Ki God Mein", "Roti Kapda Aur Makaan", and "Kranti"

Dadasaheb Phalke Award for lifetime contribution to cinema, was instituted in his honour by the Govt of India in 1969.

The award comprises of a Swarna Kamal, a cash Prize of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs) and a shawl.

 Dadasaheb Phalke Award Winners List from 1969 to 2014
 
  
2014 Dadasaheb Phalke Award Winner is Shashi Kapoor

No comments:

Post a Comment