Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Saina Nehwal gifts Prime Minister Narendra Modi her debut sliver medal racket on b'day eve Wednesday Sep 16,2015

 
On the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday on Thursday Sep 17,2015, world number one badminton player gifted the PM the racquet she played with to become the first Indian to win a silver medal at the Badminton World Championships.  

Saina Nehwal(25) said she was delighted to have met the Prime Minister. "I am pleased to meet honourable Prime Minister and wished him Happy birthday in advance. I am happy to present him a racquet for his birthday. It's really good to know that he follows every sport regularly and also interesting thing is he spoke to me about my matches. He also congratulated me for my World Championship medal," Nehwal said after the meeting.

Note
Saina Nehwal had lost to Spain's Carolina Marin in the title clash of World Championships in Jakarta,Indonesia but still became the first Indian to win a silver medal in the prestigious tournament.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment