Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 22, 2018

2017-18 Premier League - Manchester United Confirms Signing Of Alexis Sanchez From Arsenal Monday Jan 22,2018

Manchester United confirmed the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan heading in the opposite direction, in a statement on Monday Jan 22,2018


"I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world," said Sanchez. "I am very proud to be the first Chilean player ever to play for United's first team and I hope I can show our fans all around the world why the club wanted to bring me here."

Arsenal too announced the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan, as the two clubs completed a swap deal.


On his move, Henrikh said: “I’m very happy that we could finish this deal and I’m very happy to be here. It’s a dream come true because I’ve always dreamed of playing for Arsenal. Now that I’m here, I’ll do my best for this club to create history.” Mkhitaryan was quoted as saying by arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger added: “Henrikh is a very complete player. He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well. I must say he’s a player who has all the attributes.”

Sanchez scored 80 goals in 166 appearances for Arsenal. He was part of two FA Cup-winning squads (2015 and 2017), scoring in both finals.

Mkhitaryan, meanwhile made 39 appearances while at Manchester United, scoring five times and was part of the UEFA Europa League winning squad last season. He is the captain of the Armenian national team and is the country's all-time top scorer. He has also received the Armenian Footballer of the Year award eight times.

No comments:

Post a Comment